Tuesday 18 October 2011

2007.

Story beginning with: KIM WAS NERVOUS WHEN THE DOOR OPENED...




Kim was nervous when the door was opened by the warden.In fact,his father came to see him in the prison,Salim knelt down and pleaded for forgiveness.His father forgave him as he realized he did not spend enough time with his son or even take him out on social outing.His son sought attention elsewhere and that landed him in prison.
Salim and I have been friend for as long as I can remember.We went to same kindergarten and live in the same neighbourhood.In fact,our parent are partner in legal firm.Thus my childhood is somewhat linked to Salim and his family.Salim’s  parents are very strict and religious compared to mine.Thus,Salim grew up more obedient and hardworking and have always done exceptionally well in his studies.When I turned 13,my parent sent me to a boarding school and I did not see Salim until I completed my SPM examination.When I returned home after exams,I was shocked to learn from my parent that Salim is at drug rehabilitation centre.My parent recounted to me what had happened.
After I had left for the boarding school,Salim became lonely and felt isolated at school.However,that did not las long.A few boys at his school who are always up to no good,struck a friendship with him,hoping to use him for their own gains.They knew Salim’s parents were very wealthy.Unwittingly,Salim fell into bad company.He started out smoking secretly bt his parents were not aware of it,nor did they suspect anything amiss.He had always been a good boy and listened to his parents’ advice as well as adhered to their rules and regulation without questioning them.
Gradually,Salim’s “friends”introduced him to marijuana and cocaine.They told him that drugs are better than cigarettes.The innocent Salim blindly followed his friends’ adviced and get hooked to drugs.He began to steal and lie to his parents to fund his expensive bad habit.Soon,he became a drug dealer like his close friends and sold drugs to others student at school and outside.
The police who had been following their activities finally caught them red-handed while selling drugs to a school mate.Salim did not know how he found himself in that horrible situation.Now.Salim was filled with great regret and remorse.I went to see him at the drug rehabilition centre.He seemed well.I told him that I would wait for him to be released to make up for lost time.Salim had tears in his eyes and nodded his head gratefully.I on the other hand,regretted that I was not with Salim till we finished school.But Salim promised me that we would start a business with me when he gets out of the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment